Chemist / Team Leader
The primary responsibility of the API Team Leader is to lead the day to day operation of the API facilities. Duties will include:
- Lead, supervise and manage operators under direct supervision.
- Organise and maintain raw materials.
- Set production plans and operator coverage.
- Train new members of staff in the operation of the manufacturing areas.
- Complete equipment inspections.
- Pre-audit manufacturing documentation prior to submitting to Quality Assurance.
- Complete NCR investigations.
- Propose and implement Corrective and Preventative Actions.
- Maintain all three manufacturing areas in a constant state of audit readiness.
- Review manufacturing process and propose process improvements.
- Report on labour and material variances.
- Observe and follow the GxP guidelines, relevant regulatory guidelines, WHS and laboratory safety guidelines.
- Preparation for audits by external bodies (TGA, APVMA, FDA) and the close out of identified observations.
- Establish and maintain communication with closely aligned groups including Chemistry, Quality and Maintenance.
- Carry out auditing duties as requested.
- Assist with implementation (qualification/validation) of new equipment.
- Execution of process validation studies.
Although this role is a supervisory position accountable for the day to day operations, it remains a hands-on role that requires the incumbent to remain flexible in terms of work hours to ensure that the schedule is adhered to.
The Right Person
We are seeking an organised and approachable leader with the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical or manufacturing industry.
- Strong Health and Safety Awareness.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships to achieve outcomes.
- Excellent communication and timekeeping skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including proficient use of Microsoft.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. GLP, GMP, ISO) highly desirable.
Please take the time to address the selection criteria in your covering letter to help us better understand your skills and experience. Applicants that have failed to do so will not be considered in the shortlisting process.
If you feel that you are the right person for this position please submit your application via SEEK before midnight Sunday the 25th August 2019.
Only those with existing unrestricted working rights in Australia will be considered for this position.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY
APPLY VIA SEEK