We are seeking a self motivated individual with experience ideally in the food, cosmetic or pharmaceutical industry to join our production team in the Operations division. The principal purpose of the role will be to set up and stage filling lines, packaging lines and tablet compression equipment, as well as setting up work centres to meet the weekly production schedule. This will include pull down and assembly of filling, manufacturing and packaging equipment, so a good mechanical aptitude will be essential. This role would suit a person with a high mechanical aptitude, or qualified Fitter & Turner, electrical trade, or an experienced trades’ assistant. This is a permanent full-time position based at our head office in Rutherford, in the Hunter Valley.
• Production machinery Set Ups & Adjustments: Mechanical set-up procedures according to production requirements / procedures
• Staging of lines (equipment and materials) ahead of scheduled production
• Providing timely assistance with regards to machinery breakdowns as the first point of contact
• Identifying, coordinating and implementing improvements to; equipment set-ups and procedures, line operation and equipment, work health and safety
• Preventative maintenance of manufacturing and packaging equipment and maintaining related records
• Improve and maintain the storage of production equipment and tools.
• Multi-tasking a variety of activities occurring at the same time in the job to ensure correct and smooth operation of production lines
• Demonstrated commitment to W.H.S.
Skills and Experience:
To be considered for this role, you will have a high mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot processing equipment. Highly desirable (but not essential) is a mechanically qualified fitter, electrical trade, or have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a trades’ assistant in a light to medium industrial work place environment. During the interview, the successful candidate will need to be able to provide detailed examples related to their experience and results of their work and demonstrate the ability to remain calm whilst working through multiple tasks and deadlines. Other requirements include;
• Previous experience within a production environment
• Good time management and strong problem solving skills.
• Basic knowledge of pneumatics
• Proactive, team player, and a drive to succeed and improve productivity
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with production team leaders, operators and management
• Proven experience with changing lines and running machinery in either pharmaceutical, food industry or processing and final packaging industries (not essential but highly desirable)
• Experience with a 5S system in a production environment (not essential, but highly desirable)
If you would like to join a team where hard work and dedication are respected and your experience and skills fit this profile, please submit your application via SEEK before 05Aug2019 to ensure that you are considered for the role. Successful candidates will need to pass; a criminal record check, and a pre-employment medical that includes a musculo skeletal examination and testing for Drugs and Alcohol.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY
Only those with the existing right to work in Australia will be considered
APPLY VIA LINKED IN