Graduate API Chemist/Operator
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Full time position
- Located in Rutherford, Hunter Valley, NSW
- Recent science graduates are encouraged to apply
Jurox is a 100% Australian owned Animal Health Company based at Rutherford in the Hunter Valley, NSW. Our products are sold to veterinarians, consumers and rural merchandise outlets in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Europe and North America. The Company spends approximately 15% of its revenue on research.
We are seeking an enthusiastic graduate to join our manufacturing team as a Chemist/Operator. Reporting to the API Technical Manager, you will be working in a fast-paced chemical manufacturing facility, producing active pharmaceutical ingredients for use in the formulation of animal health products.
This is a highly specialised, hands-on role that is involved in all facets of API production. It will involve:
- Sophisticated testing methods using specialised equipment
- Handling expensive, highly regulated chemicals
- Manual tasks including cleaning and maintenance.
- This is not a standard 9-5 position! We are looking for someone that is willing and able to work full-time equivalent hours over an irregular roster depending on the needs of the process.
- The role will develop the successful candidate to learn how to write process validation protocols and reports; and how to qualify new processing equipment.
- This role has the potential to become a leadership position supervising junior staff in the future.
The Right Person
We are seeking someone who is willing to learn, be flexible with the different tasks and happy to work with the rest of the team to get the job done.
- Bachelor of Science, Biotechnology or Chemistry
- Non-PHD qualified
- Use of analytical equipment such as TLC and HPLC
- Demonstrated experience with operation of small pumps used for the transfer of raw materials.
- Demonstrated experience in handling and working with flammable chemicals.
- Demonstrated abilities to follow, and execute, detailed manufacturing and WH&S related procedures with a high regard for product quality and output.
- Must be committed, have own reliable transport and hold a current driver’s licence.
- Must live or be willing to relocate to the Newcastle/Hunter Valley area.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical/chemical process equipment and some mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience in a dynamic fast paced, highly regulated environment.
Please take the time to address the selection criteria in your covering letter to help us better understand your skills and experience. Applicants that have failed to do so will not be considered in the shortlisting process.
If you feel that you are the right person for this position please submit your application via SEEK before midnight Sunday the 5th May 2019.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY