Research & Development Chemistry Team Leader (Analytical)
We are seeking an experienced leader to manage a small team of scientists in the development of commercially viable animal health products for registration in domestic and international markets.
This is a full-time, permanent role in in the Hunter Valley, NSW.
Duties will include:
- Managing and conducting projects to develop safe and cost-effective products in line with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Lead, supervise and manage a team of Chemists to develop new products whilst ensuring safety, quality and cost are appropriately considered.
- Developing your team to ensure their skills, knowledge and expertise are of a high level.
- Perform analytical method development and validation for new and existing products.
- Prepare for and participate in the technology transfer and launch of new test and commercial products.
- Lead process development and improvement.
- Contribute to the progress of other Chemistry team’s projects as required, to ensure the best outcome for the business is achieved.
- Develop product profiles, generate data and prepare CMC packages to support and defend product registrations locally and internationally.
- Observe and follow GxP (GLP, GMP) guidelines and all relevant quality and regulatory requirements including immediate reporting of anomalous quality observations and equipment failure.
- Help to ensure a safe working environment through safe working practices, adhering to up to date WHS and laboratory safety guidelines.
We are looking for an experienced leader that is outcome focused and has the ability to build strong collaborative relationships across teams and departments. You will possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar leadership role.
- Tertiary Degree in Chemistry, Formulation Science or Pharmaceutical Science.
- Working knowledge of technology and current trends in Analytical Chemistry.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and quality expectations such as ICH/VICH/FDA guidelines.
- Some understanding of the biological actions and relationships of products is desired.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate innovative skills to develop commercially viable products.
- Demonstrated ability to approach and resolve problems systematically.
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. GLP, GMP, ISO).
- Willingness and ability to learn from and share knowledge within the team.
If your experience, skills and educational qualifications fits this profile, please submit your application.
Closing Date: Sunday 20th October 2019
Only applications submitted via SEEK will be considered.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY
APPLY VIA SEEK