Q-Drench Multi-Combination Drench for Sheep contains abamectin, albendazole, closantel and levamisole, which are members of the macrocyclic lactone, benzimidazole, salicylanilide and imidazothiazole groups respectively.
It is a broad-spectrum oral anthelmintic which can be used against susceptible gastro-intestinal parasites, and to prevent the introduction of resistant strains on to a property.
- Abamectin 1.0 g/L
- Albendazole 25.0 g/L
- Closantel 37.5 g/L
- Levamisole hydrochloride 40.0 g/L
It is effective against sensitive strains of the following parasites of sheep:
Adult and immature gastrointestinal roundworms
• Barber’s Pole Worm (Haemonchus contortus) - including inhibited L4 stage and strains with single, dual or triple resistance to macrocyclic lactones, benzimidazoles, levamisole or closantel, and strains with emerging resistance to closantel.
• Small Brown Stomach Worm (Teladorsagia (Ostertagia) circumcincta) - (including inhibited L4 stage and strains with single or dual resistance to macrocyclic lactones, benzimidazoles or levamisole)
• Black Scour Worm (Trichostrongylus colubriformis) including strains with single or dual resistance to macrocyclic lactones, benzimidazoles or levamisole.
• Large Stomach Worm (Haemonchus placei)*
• Stomach Hair Worm (Trichostrongylus axei)
• Black Scour Worm (Trichostrongylus vitrinus)
• Small Intestinal Worm (Cooperia spp.)
• Thin-Necked Intestinal Worm (Nematodirus spp.)
• Large mouthed bowel worm (Chabertia ovina)
• Nodule Worm (Oesophagostomum columbianum)*
• Large Bowel Worm (Oesophagostomum venulosum)
• Whip worm (Trichuris ovis)
• Intestinal threadworm (Strongyloides papillosus)
• Hookworm (Bunostomum spp.)
Nasal Bot (Oestrus ovis)
Lungworm - Large lungworm (Dictyocaulus viviparus)
Liver Fluke (Fasciola hepatica) - mature fluke and immature forms including 6 week old stages. Reduces the output of viable fluke eggs.
Tapeworms (Moniezia spp.) - heads and segments
Itch mite (Psorergates ovis)
* These parasites have not been recorded in New Zealand.
Meat: Animals producing meat or offal for human consumption must not be sold for slaughter either during treatment or within 28 days of cessation of the last treatment.
Milk: Milk intended for sale for human consumption must be discarded for 35 days following treatment.
Dose rate 1 mL/5 kg
|Liveweight (kg)||Dose (mL)||1 L treats||5 L treats||10 L treats|
Sheep in excess of 75 kg to be dosed at 1 mL per 5 kg bodyweight.